The Deadline for Applications is Closed
Applicants for financial support should have received e-mail notice regarding the status of their applications by March 5th. If you applied and did not receive notice, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities and Support for
Students, Early Career Scientists and Scientists from Developing Countries
As part of WCRP's ongoing commitment to education and capacity development and to train the next generation of climate experts, travel grants are available to enable and support participation of students, early career scientists and scientists from developing countries to attend the conference.
Grants will be assigned based on financial need and scientific merit of proposed presentation described in the abstract, contribution to conference and all supporting documents (see below). Priority will be given to:
1) Students: those pursuing their graduate studies (MSc, PhD)
2) Early Career Scientists: post-graduates and researchers who received their highest degree in 2005 or later
3) Scientists from emerging and developing economies
Grantees must attend the entire conference in order to benefit from the financial support which includes total refund of Abstract and Registration fees.
How to Qualify for Financial Support
In order to qualify for financial support the applicant must do the following:
1) Submit an abstract of a paper to the conference, of which he/she is the principal author; and
2) Submit a short Curriculum Vitae (1 page maximum) that includes their contact information, their status (e.g., student, early career scientist or scientist from emerging and developing economy), and a brief statement (300 words maximum) indicating the scientific motivation and expected benefits of his/her participation in the conference. In addition, if the applicant must state if they have received support from WMO/WCRP in the past. If the applicant is a student, she/he must send a letter from her/his supervisor, supporting her/his attendance, to email@example.com.
We strongly encourage the applicant to secure a significant proportion of financial support from national/institutional sources. As part of the application process, the applicant will need to provide evidence of such support, if applicable.
If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Macken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Scientific Panel has been established to review all the applications and select the successful candidates based on the importance of their contributions to the conference. Successful applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process by early February 2012. The deadline for submitting applications for financial support is closed.